Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tournament Update

The first weekend of the tournament has come and gone, and I am getting handled. I am losing to every member of my immediate family in our tournament pool. We score 1 point for 1st round games and 2 points for 2nd round games. The totals for the first two rounds combined is...

Sean: 40
Sara: 55

Its that bad this year. My problem? Too many upsets! I did pick some successfully (Cleveland State, Arizona, W. Kentucky, Wisconsin), and just missed on some others (Utah State). I really thought there would be much more parity between the teams this year. I don't find the top seeds to be as unbeatable as I used to think they were. Pittsburgh? Just get Blair in foul trouble and you'll probably win. UCONN? Same thing with Thabeet, and assuming you will guard Jeff Adrian at the top of the key (which Texas A&M completely and utterly failed to do, and the guy hit 30 shots from the top of the key 15 feet out). I also thought a lot of the bigger teams from smaller conferences (Xavier, Gonzaga specifically) were absolute frauds.

Sara is winning and the worst part is that she's more obsessed with the tournament than I am this year, mostly because I am getting housed. She constantly wants updates on scores and on her office pool. It is getting to the point where I worry she will need professional help once the tournament is over and she can't get her fix of picking top seeds and being right. Because there's a lot of challenge in that, picking the smaller number over the bigger number. No sour grapes here, just a defeated novice sports blogger with nowhere to go and no shoulder to cry on.

Look for a baseball preview with predictions and such coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment